Tuesday, September 30, 2014

For the Record

I love the random button on my iPod. Earlier today the song, "For the Record", came on by Stretch Armstrong, a hardcore punk band that has been one of my faves through the years. Probably one of the best concerts I ever went to was at El Corazon in Seattle with Stretch and Living Sacrifice.

Anyways, the song goes "we were more than just a tour date, you were more than just a song, we sweat and sang together, and that helped us to carry on". Made me think of my time here as pastor at Terrace Heights Baptist. As I've been reflecting on my time here--this is more than just a church, this is more than just a job, this has been what I've poured my life into. We can't just look at our church and be content with it just being that--Jesus poured his blood and sweat into all of this and He is how we've carried on. And every time I sing this song (because you know I do) I think of singing and sweating with my brothers and sisters and how Christ has helped us carry on together.

Check out the song if you want:


No comments:

Post a Comment